11.02.2006

Vending Room Acct Balance : -0.24 cents

A week or two ago snack machine karma smacked me on the back of the head (it knows how I hate that) when it spit out a quarter of my change onto the rubbery floor I've mentioned before. I watched it roll away quick and steady like the escaped prisoner it was. It rolled right underneath the sink area, laying down directly below a pipe. It's a precarious spot that I didn't have any interest in crawling into. So, I left it there. I might need it later, I thought.

The next time I went for a soda, I had forgotten about it, but upon bending over to retrieve my can from the machine, my eyes wandered to that quartered spot. It was still there. And it is still there now. Sure I could have picked it out days ago, but it's a little game I play with myself to see if it's been spotted and snatched.

I went to get a soda earlier and there was a penny, heads up, on the ground. Certainly the machines wouldn't be throwing out pennies. Maybe it fell out of someone's pocket. But, I picked it up. So my score for the vending room floor is -0.24 cents.

No comments: