11.04.2006

New old stray

This new old stray cat, everyone in the neighborhood calls him Hunter; he was abandoned by his owners, but I call him Sunshine (for obvious reasons-and because how can I call a cat with no front claws Hunter--I'm into irony, but that's just cruel).

I do believe he is Romeo to Marshall's Juliet. I picked him up so he could greet her in the window once and he hissed at the fleeting sight of her beauty. Oh love, how dost pain thee. Heh.

When Tumor Joe was around, Sunshine was scattered and rarely seen. I suppose Tumor Joe was the typical alpha male. Now Sunshine follows me to the mailbox and back in the evenings and sits outside for some pebbles of dry food. He's also naturally a very good boy, sometimes a bit cantankerous. Touching one spot on his side makes him nip, but in a playful mood. Hunter...hmph!















No comments: