8.10.2005

This S*#T is B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I used to tell my grandma that this tasted yellow or that tasted green. Green beans did not taste green, bananas did not taste yellow. I'm not sure what tasted like what. Sometimes when I wake up in the mornings, I have a green taste in my mouth.
I've been eating a lot of bananas lately. I dunno why. They are oddly satisfying. I like them cold and not too ripe, or else they're mushy.

I had one of my silly little private dreams come true a day or two ago. It is me, sitting in a chair by a big window while it's raining outside, with a cat on my lap and my nose in a book. It happened. Now what?

I think it was to signify reaching a certain point in my life where I had nothing to worry about and could appreciate a nice book, a warm feline, and droning rain outside the window. But it actually happened, and I still have bills and no significant other. I'm not in the career of my dreams nor have I attained the education I desire.

Does this mean I shouldn't let these bigger things hold me back from enjoying little triumphs like this one? Have I been doing that? I think so. I had it backwards; I thought I needed those bigger obstacles to be completed and swept away before I could just enjoy things.

Having my moment by the window turned it around. I'm working on things anyway right? So why wait to do the things I surely deserve, before I accomplish these things, and after?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should totally enjoy the little moments like these. They are here to make a journeys less difficult. So enjoy. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey You... I tried calling the other day and left a message. Let's go to Legends tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Sam...don't ignore the precious little moments just because not everything is "in place" in your life. I wasted many years waiting to get "There"...that magical place where everything would be in its proper place. The following quote helped me put it into perspective:

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life".-- Alfred D. Souza