6.28.2006

Bullets

  • The first time I used the vending machine nearest to me at my new place of employment and got change, it spit a quarter out onto the rubberized floor. If I hadn't been looking, I wouldn't have known. So, now everytime I go in there, I look at the floor to see if someone missed their change being hurled at them. Sometimes I go even when I don't need a snack, just for that.
  • There ARE animals that get hit in Cary (reference post: About Cary for the horribly ironic backstory), I hit a deer a few weeks ago. Up there on the list as the most horrible 15 seconds of my life, right under getting an anal exam when I was five.
  • Thanks to that experience, Scott helped me finally name my vehicle. The X-Terra shall forever from now be known as Frankenstein. Between the hit and run on 5-5-05 and the deer literally IN my headlights, I've had the front and rear exterior of my vehicle replaced. I might fashion some bolts and put them on either front seat door, just for the full effect...and paint it green, perhaps.
  • If you like the lemonade at Chick-fil-A, but are on some crazy diet, I highly recommend the Crystal Light Lemonade packets On The Go; great tartness, excellent very cold.
  • I said it was going to be a good year for sweepstakes, and I meant it. I've still got a REALLY big one to snag in the next six months...I've just got to put more effort into entering. But so far this year I've won over $300 in giftcards, and am waiting on a 4GB iPod nano and $50 iTunes CG from Bellsouth. Not bad for the crazy girl who gets excited about contests. Because, if you enter, you can win.
  • Are you a baller? Or a folder? I remember reading somewhere than men are more likely to fold their toilet paper while women ball theirs up. For me, it depends on the quality of the tissue paper. If it's crappy (no pun-really) and I can't help but ball it up because I have to fight to get it, it's balled. But usually, I think I'm more of a folder.
  • Do you likecitylights? Cary just might get a few, but the opposition is strong. Apparently some citizens think it would be obstructing to the views outside of their homes. A seven story building--oh no we're practically a little NYC!!!! Did the land owners and farmers think that subdivisions looked great on the untamed land decades ago? Probably not, but that's what we see now. Check it out.
  • Things come in threes. Two days ago I had never heard of a cigar cutter, and why would I really? But, one was mentioned on an episode of Law and Order, and then I saw one as a prize in a sweepstakes. Where will I run into another one? Is Fidel at my doorstep?

No comments: