11.23.2005

The best day yet. Clickable for larger views.











Scratcha-scratcha!




They're not dead-I thought so too.


One wave coming in, the other going back out. Smack!







Sweet face.
I named him that.








Yawn!
or
GRRROOOWWWGGGHHLLLL!


Look closely, each has one 'hand' up reaching out to another one. They were playing for me!


Marco!? Polo?






This one's definitely a growl.


Now that's a happy sleep. This one was all smiles and snorts.


Stay away from me fool! I'll cut you! Who's scared of your wimpy seagull beak? Not me!
POW sucka!


There's a seal in there, I promise. And a bit of seaweed or other random natural floating phenomenon.


This little pup was riding the little waves in on his belly!


Even cloudy, the light on the water is lovely.




Two little boys playing tag with the water instead of each other.






This pelican was like the Godfather. That little one behind his tail never left, even when all the others flew away. They must have some odd connection. Or the little one owes the pelican favors...


The careful carving of the sea.


I like that this one dude is hanging out on this bit of wood on his own. It makes me think of the skyscraper men eating sandwiches on a beam over the city.


Maybe the little one is a lookout. He takes that whole "I've got your back Mr. Pelican" thing seriously I suppose....




Just a normal day. Socialize, go for a stroll, drop some poop, repeat.


A lone gull.


Seriously, the poop is almost artistic.


Snazzy color variations on this rock. That bird is suspicious looking. I bet it's leaving a dropping. Shy little thing.


Some seals that got far out and away from the tourist gawking area.
(smarties)


Crash!
But in a beautiful way.


Ah-La Jolla.


I'd like to try this while I'm here. But not near the seals--they're awfully cute, but they're awfully smelly, and have awfully yellow substances that spew from their bloated bodies.






Neat lifeguard call box.





No comments: