7.05.2005

Shooting Myself in the Foot

Well I'd just about do it right now, my foot is welted like a pickle from mosquillaz (mosquitos with the size and veracity of Godzilla.) I had fun at the lake and the beach over the 4th of July weekend. Jennifer's little brother is so very prophetic. Last time I was visiting Jennifer I told him about a seagull we saw at the beach who only had one leg. We told him how it hopped around and flew just fine, like all of the other seagulls. We were giggling at the thought of it all, but he kept a serious face, pensive with thought. Finally he said "It was missing a leg? It must have been in the war." A sign of our times. He's seven years old.

Here are some things that I do that seem like time wasters, unnecessary frustrators, and counterproductive. (I like to make bullet lists---that's not one of the things though)
  • Not opening the package of toilet paper enough, so that I struggle with trying to get a big roll of TP out of a small opening in what one would think would be weak plastic packaging. Not so.
  • Not ripping the packets of ketchup enough, therefore making them squirt like severed arteries onto my clothing, or other people's clothing.
  • Only putting 10 dollars of gas in my vehicle, not because I don't have enough money to fill it up, but because I just don't feel like standing there for 35 dollars worth.
    (and we all know the last half of the tank goes fastest!)
Oh snap it is time for sleep. Must make some bulleted lists later.

No comments: