10.04.2007

Movie I Must See

Into the Wild, adapted and directed by Sean Penn about Christopher McCandless and his solitary journey into the Alaskan wilderness. Bonus points for Emile Hirsche and his expressive eyebrows as McCandless.

"Into the Wild tells the tragic real-life story of Chris McCandless, a college grad from a wealthy family who set out to experience true adventure. In 1990, Chris donated his life savings to charity, abandoned his belongings and dropped out of sight. He changed his name to Alexander Supertramp, and for the next two years he backpacked through the United States, Mexico and Canada.

Along the way, he encountered people who were moved by his idealism…but Chris took his final journey alone. He ventured into the Alaskan wilderness, carrying very few supplies. For nearly four months, Chris called an abandoned bus his home and lived off of the land."
I have no doubt that it will be an emotion-provoking film and I'm excited to see it.


3 comments:

Steve sculpts critters said...

I see you like contests.
Have a go at winning one of my unusually popular bronze mice (I'm an artist). Details are on my blog.
Mabel will like it.
Good luck,
Cheers,
Steve.

Leslie H said...

Saw this movie. Sad but interesting. Been awhile since you wrote. Time to start again??

kasandria said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I loved this movie. Very heartwarming.
KAs