1.10.2006

Sammy Dimple

So we all have people tell us from time to time that we remind them of someone, right? As unique as I'd like to think I am, I've been told that I resemble a variety of famous faces. The list is quite laughable in it's varied range:



Melissa McCarthy (Sookie St. James on Gilmore Girls)
A man at a yard sale, and my boss made this claim.
Two people who shall remain nameless have agreed.


Drew Barrymore
A friend's mom said she reminded her of me.
She's a sweet lady, really.


Nicole Kidman
A girl working the counter at a Krispy Kreme said this. I know, I wouldn't believe it either, but I have a witness. I kept looking around for a hidden camera thinking I had been Spunked, or Next'd, or Goosed, or SOMETHING.


Jodie Foster
I don't remember who said this, I just remember they said it.


Melissa Joan Hart
(Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
Jennifer swears by this one...I can see it more than any of the others I guess. At least I know what'd I'd be walking around looking like if I were skinny. (Yes certainly with that outfit on!)




But, I have all of them beat. I KNOW NOW who my celebrity twin is. Sadly, I don't look like this person as they matured, grew into a lovely adult; I look like her in her silver screen glory days. Any year before 1936 or so, take a look at SHIRLEY TEMPLE and see SAMMY DIMPLE!!! (Minus the curls of course--my hair is as straight as a board!) I think at the least, we have similar facial expressions.




Sometimes I smile. When I do, I have that dorky little 5 year old dimple that I will never grow out of.


I think I make this face most of the time.

And the stoic glare...my favorite.



I had to get all of this out in the open, and put in my own vote for my twin. Jennifer (Mandy Moore), Scott (Ben Stiller/Rivers Cuomo), Theran (Fergie from BEP), Terry (Vince Vaughn), Amy (Amy is lovely Amy-there's no one else like her!--although her boyfriend looks like Giovanni Ribisi) thank you for your support in the Sammy Dimple Black campaign.

No comments: